Monday, March 31, 2008

Recipes of the week

This is one of my kids favorite meals!!!


Slow cooked Oriental Chicken 

4 or 5 chicken breasts            
4 TB.  vegetable oil
2/3 c. soy sauce
4 TB. brown sugar
4 TB. water
2 garlic clove minced (1 tsp garlic salt)
2 tsp. ground ginger

Put chicken in slow cooker. combine rest of ing.
pour over chicken. cook on high for at least 6 hrs
shred chicken serve over white rice. ( I serve with tempera vegies)


Tempura

1c. ice water
1 egg
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. flour

Stir together with fork be careful and don't over stir
sprinkle 1/3 c. more flour and fold over twice.
Dip vegies and fry in canola oil.

My kids love onions, carrots, & zucchini
you can do any vegi. or even shrimp

Serve with dipping sauce

1 c. beef boullion
1/3 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. yoshidas 

2 comments:

Jessie said...

That sounds really good Paulette. Is it a little sweet? Sounds like something my boys would eat. I will have to try it soon.

Tolly & Lennon said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! My husband thanks you, too!!! :) I will be in town the 12th through the 19th this month -- let's make sure we all get together.