Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Family Night












For family night we carved pumpkins, I waited until Monday afternoon to get pumpkins thinking there would still be a large variety of pumpkins left. We went to Wal mart and they were ALL gone. I couldn't believe it, I was just there that morning grocery shopping and there were a ton left. I wanted the girls to be able to pick out their own special one. We ended up at Smiths and there were only HUGE ones left. I loaded them up in my shopping cart and couldn't even push it. I made Pumpkin waffles and hot apple cider. It makes me laugh to think how much my kids still count on our family traditions every year. Even though they are getting older they still want me to do all the same things I have been doing since they were little. We have a family halloween party with my family every year and some how it didn't get planned, I thought my kids would be glad. They were so disappointed! I feel bad, my parents were also very disappointed.

2 comments:

Jdogger said...

You are such a good mom!! I havent even bought pumpkins yet, I may be out of luck!! Your pumpkins are so good, I can never do those fancy kinds, mine always look the same!

Jessie said...

I think it is cute your kids love your traditions!
All the pumpkins look really good. I love how there is always a boyfriend in the pictures...by the way you and Sam both look great!